Several neighborhood groups are teaming with SF Recreation and Park Dept. on a major spring cleanup and in celebration of Earth Day/Month. We’re hoping for a turnout of 50 – 100 volunteers! This will be in place of the normal May 3rd Buena Vista Park monthly volunteer day.
The event will go from 9:00am until 1:00pm but any hour you give will be most appreciated. We’ll be focusing on two projects:
- Restoration on the west side where RPD has done significant clearing and we’ll be helping with erosion control and replanting.
- Giving the park a good spring cleaning by splitting up into groups and picking up litter across the park.
There will also be a family friendly playground cleanup for the younger volunteers and their families. Following are a few more details:
- Meet at 9:00am at the Children’s Playground in BV Park, above Buena Vista West at Waller Street
- Wear sturdy shoes, long pants, long sleeved shirt (we’ll be getting dirty)
- Bring work gloves and pruners if available (otherwise we’ll supply)
It would help a lot if you can RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can plan accordingly. Also please let us know if you are open to helping lead a litter cleanup group.
Even if you can’t make 4/26 but are interested in joining future BV Park volunteer activities, please email us at email@example.com so we can keep you informed.
Sponsors of the Buena Vista Park Spring Cleanup include Buena Vista Neighborhood Association, Friends of Buena Vista Park, Duboce Triangle Neighborhood Association, Friends of Duboce Park, Haight Ashbury Improvement Association and Larkin Street Youth in cooperation with SF Recreation & Park Department, SF Department of Public Works and SF Police Department.